With the arrival of my little rock star baby, my husband and I decided to sell our place and begin the search for what would be our new family home. Well that was 4 months ago and we have yet to find this 'dream' abode; so we have entered the dreaded rental market. Yup, thats me, interiors enthusiast, obsessive perfectionist, surrounded by the most boring of beige walls. EVERYWHERE. Somehow I had to make this work.
Renting leaves you no option but to look for alternative ways to get creative! And so I present to you a fool proof list of tips on how to rock that rental, choose to use one, two or all!
1. Removable Wall Decals: I always advise clients to spend the largest portion of their budget on the wallpaper and the cot. Wallpaper isn't an option here but the beloved decals are! Go bold and create impact, these days there are so many awesome options! My go to for all things decal is Urban Walls.
2. A Bold Cot: Because you can't paint the walls I say paint the cot. Make it the statement of the room. There is nothing better than a bright primary coloured cot taking centre stage!
3. Window Treatments: Invest in beautiful window treatments to create warmth and layering to the room. These can usually move with you so you'll never loose on the purchase.
4. Texture and Layer: You want to create as much texture in the room as possible to build it up and make it interesting. One of the best ways to do this is through adding a range of materials like sheepskin rugs, wool blankets, different wood finishes and a decent amount of throw pillows/soft furnishings.
5. Framing: Framing is a great way decorate a wall in a non-permanet way. Frame a large artwork, a collection of photographs or use display boxes to frame figurines.